首页 > 范文大全 > 正文

流利英语脱口出

开篇:润墨网以专业的文秘视角,为您筛选了一篇流利英语脱口出范文,如需获取更多写作素材,在线客服老师一对一协助。欢迎您的阅读与分享!

流利英语脱口出”栏目从2007年3月起,由目前正在英国留学、实习的原《海外英语》编辑何迅文自英国发来,大多为目前英国口语中的流行语,欢迎大家一同欣赏学习,如有疑问,请发邮件与我们联系。

1. self-multilation 自我摧残

A: Joe is regressing lately.乔最近退步了。

B: I’ve noticed that too, it is the time when he is supposed to be taking great strides forward.

我也注意到了。本来这个时候他应该大踏步前进的。

A: I think it is time for him to get a grip on himself. You’d better tell him that.

我认为他该自我控制了。你最好告诉他。

B: I will. Otherwise, I am afraid he is going to end up plucking all his eyebrows out which was a favorite method of self-mutilations when he faces with problems.

我会的。否则他又会把眉毛都拔光,每次他遇到问题,就会采取这种自我摧残的方式。

2. shallow 浅薄的

A: You might think that I am shallow, but I do want to be rich.

你或许会认为我浅薄,但我的确想发财。

B: You are not shallow, well, no more than the rest of us.

你并不浅薄啊,至少不比我们其他人浅薄。

A: That’s very kind of you to say so.

你人真好,能这么说。

B: In my opinion, as long as you use your money wisely, there is nothing wrong to be rich.

我认为只要你能明智地使用钱,有钱又有什么错呢。

3. lucrative 有利可图的

A: Life is meaningless!

生活没意思透了!

B: Come on, you cannot be so negative!

振作点,你不能这么消极啊!

A: It is easy for you to say, after all, you’ve got a lucrative job!

你当然是站着说话不腰疼咯,毕竟你有一份收入颇丰的工作。

B: Well, life isn’t all about money.

可是生活并非只是关于钱啊。

4. paedophile 恋童癖者

A: Did you read the headline of The Daily Mail today?

你看了今天《每日邮报》的头条了吗?

B: Yes, it was such shocking news.

是哦,多么令人震惊的消息。

A: It never occurred to me that such a respectable politician could be a paedophile.

我从没想到这样一个受人尊敬的政客居然是个恋童癖者。

B: It is really disgusting.

真的很恶心。

5. womanizer玩弄女性之徒

A: What kind of man do you hate most?

你最讨厌哪一类的男人?

B: I don’t like dishonest men.

不诚实的。

A: I hate womanizer.

我讨厌那些玩弄女性之徒。

B: Who doesn’t?

谁不讨厌那些人呢?

6. packed 拥挤的,塞满了的

A: Nice to see you again after a while. You look tired.

有阵子没见你了,很高兴又见到你。你看来很累。

B: I just got back from Alaska. I left last night and flew all night.The flight was packed so I did not get any sleep.

我才从阿拉斯加回来。昨晚搭乘的晚班飞机,飞了一夜。飞机都挤满了,所以我一夜没合眼。

A: Did you like it there?

你喜欢阿拉斯加吗?

B: It is no place for a city girl, I had to say.

我不得不说,那地方不适合城市女孩。

7. colossal 巨大的

A: What are you doing recently?

你最近在做什么?

B: I am working on a big project.

我在做一个大项目。

A: What do you think of it?

你觉得这个项目如何?

B: The task is colossal.

任务非常巨大。

8. swap 交换

A:How did you like the party last night?

昨晚的晚会如何?

B: It was boring. Married women swap stories about husbands, childbirth and kids.

无聊透了,已婚的女性们都在聊关于老公、生孩子和孩子的事情。

A: No wonder, as a young and unmarried girl, you would find it boring.

你是一个年轻的未婚女孩,难怪你会觉得很无聊。

B: I had absolutely nothing to say.

我都没有话可说。