首页 > 范文大全 > 正文

Small Talk

开篇:润墨网以专业的文秘视角,为您筛选了一篇Small Talk范文,如需获取更多写作素材,在线客服老师一对一协助。欢迎您的阅读与分享!

Sentences

1Whoah, hit the brakes, I can see a patrol car on that bridge ahead.

哇啊,踩刹车,我看见前面那座桥上有一辆巡逻车。

2 Don't worry that the siren is on, they just want to get past. Pull to the side and let them pass.

警笛响了也不用去管,他们只是想过去而已。把车往路边靠,让他们过去。

3 Ok, I can see he's pulling me over. But why? I was only doing 75!

对,我看见他示意让我靠边。可为什么啊?我只开到了75迈啊!

4 He only drives this slowly when the police are behind him.

当警察在他后面时,他才开得这么慢。

5 I'm afraid I can't drive home tonight, darling. I've had one too many ales.

亲爱的,恐怕我今晚不能开车回家了。我酒喝得太多了。

Slang

A.用来形容小型车祸的俚语:“prang”和“bump”

1 Darling, now don't get angry with me but I had a bit of a prang with a truck today.

亲爱的,可别跟我生气啊,不过呢,我今天和一辆卡车剐上了。

2 You can borrow your mother's car tonight son but if there's any prangs you won't be driving again until you're 40.

儿子,今晚你可以借车用,但要是发生了剐蹭的话,在你40岁以前你就休想再开车了。

3 I was reversing out of a spot today and had a bit of a bump. Nothing serious.

今天,我在停车场倒车时,发生了一点儿小碰撞。不要紧。

B. 用来指代指示灯的俚语:“blinkers”。

1 Jesus, he pulled out right in front of us without even putting his blinkers on!

上帝啊,他竟然没开指示灯就从我们跟前开过去了!

2 What's that noise I can hear there? It's you, you plonker. You're driving along with your blinkers on.

我在那边儿听到的噪音是怎么回事?是你,你个傻瓜。你一直都在打着指示灯开车。

C. 还有一个俚语“rubber-necking”,用来形容那些为了观看事故现场而在公路上缓慢行驶的人。

1 What's the hold up? Accident up ahead, probably all rubber-necking.

怎么就堵上了呢?前面发生事故了,大概都在看热闹吧。

2 Stop rubber-necking, will you, you'll cause another accident!

别看热闹了,行吗?你会引起另一起事故的!

3 The police have advised all motorists that rubber-necking is dangerous and also causes more traffic-jams.

警察已经忠告所有驾车者了,驾车围观是危险的,同时也会引起更多的交通堵塞。